GraphHopper Directions API for Business
- A fast routing solution based on up-to-date OpenStreetMap data
- Worldwide support for pedestrian routing, several bicycle types, motorcycle1 and car1
- Elevation data for biking and walking
- Including route optimization and a Matrix API
- High privacy standards through HTTPS and no long term storage of user IP
- Use JSON, GPX or JSONP format for your desktop or mobile applications
- A fast Geocoding API
- A simple to use and powerful route editor for the Route Optimization API
PricingSee the pricing page to learn more about it or contact us.
You need an individual solution?For commercial support, consulting or the self-hosted GraphHopper Directions API see our enterprise offers.
The GraphHopper Directions API
Save time, money and resources with optimized routes
Elevation data for every routeGraphHopper Maps
Including route optimization and distance matrix servicesLive demos
Fast routing solutions for many usecases
Customize vehicles and contraints to your needs
is a powerful A to B routing service with many vehicle types and including elevation
is a tool for your vehicle routing problems supporting skills, different drivers, vehicle types and a lot more
Get Started for freeSign Up
About GraphHopperThe team behind GraphHopper is based in Germany (Bavaria) and we focus on the fastest possible routing algorithms, privacy protection, individual customer support and open source.
At the core of our products is the fast and flexible routing engine GraphHopper using OpenStreetMap data and the vehicle routing engine jsprit. With these tools we've built a lightweight Directions API for heavy routing problems.
Already many projects and companies use the GraphHopper Directions API with world wide coverage for driving, walking and biking. For example Gnome Maps, GPSies and others - from logistic applications to outdoor hiking planners. See yourself how your business can benefit from a reliable, easy to use and fast routing service not standing in your way and with advanced features like the Distance Matrix API or the Route Optimization API.
Our packages and pricing
Use our paid packages for any use case
including commercial usage, vehicle tracking and navigation applications.
On any map you like.
Problems or Questions? Contact us!
- Prices are without VAT and are for an annually contract. Dollar prices and prices for monthly contracts are available after sign up. Monthly automated payment happens via credit card or debit advice.
- Commercial use of the Free-package is allowed for development only and for production on inquiry, please contact us.
- Use our credit estimator (after signed up), and for more information see the FAQ. Only the free package strictly blocks after all daily credits are taken. The other packages implement a fair usage limit.
- The sum over all locations in all Matrix-requests over a timespan of 5 seconds cannot exceed 300.
- All packages include free online support, software updates and at least a weekly OpenStreetMap data update. Paid packages include email and premium packages include telephone support. For a custom package a dedicated support or update contract can be bought. Contact us for more information.
- You need to attribute GraphHopper, except for packages with white-labeling.
GraphHopper CommunityHere you can find more information about the open source routing library and server.
- jsprit - the route optimization library that we developed and use
- Open Traffic Collection
- GraphHopper in the browser via TeaVM (sources)
0.5 release, 12-August-2015
- Routing Web Server zip, docs, video for devs
- Android/Blackberry Demo apk, docs
- The iOS repository with demo
- Solved Issues
- The map matching component
0.4 release, 06-March-2015
- Routing Web Server zip, docs, video for devs
- Android/Blackberry Demo apk, docs
- iOS repository with demo
- Solved Issues
0.3 release, 13-May-2014
0.2 release, 23-Nov-2013
0.1 release, 06-Aug-2013
Overview About GraphHopper CoreGraphHopper offers memory efficient algorithms in Java for routing on graphs. E.g. Dijkstra and A* but also optimized road routing algorithms like Contraction Hierarchies. It stands under the Apache License and is build on a large test suite.
LicenseWe chose the Apache License to make it easy for you to embed GraphHopper in your products. We suggest to contribute back your changes (as GraphHopper will evolve fast) but of course this is not necessary.
OpenStreetMap SupportOpenStreetMap is directly supported from GraphHopper. Without the amazing data from OpenStreetMap GraphHopper wouldn't be possible at all. Other map data will need a custom import procedure.
DevelopmentDevelopment happens at GitHub. You can clone the project at GitHub.
Written in JavaGraphHopper is written in Java and runs on Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, BSD, Solaris, Raspberry Pi, Android, Blackberry and even iOS. Other environments which supports at least Java 5 will work too.
Android/BlackberryOn Android and Blackberry (since 10.2.1) we provide an integration with Mapsforge which makes offline navigation one step closer. Due to the usage of memory mapped files and Contraction Hierarchies we avoid allocating too much memory which makes it possible to run Germany-wide queries with only 32MB in a few seconds. We provide an Eclipse project as well as the Maven-Android integration to be used in other IDEs.
DesktopGraphHopper also works on the Desktop in a Java application without internet access. E.g. you could use the rough user interface called MiniGraphUI provided in the tools module. A fast map visualization can be easily implemented via mapsforge 0.4 as it supports the desktop via Swing/AWT. Or you have to use an older version of it. Ask on our forum for more up to date information.
CustomizableWe've build the GraphHopper class which makes simple things easy. Still you can use the low level API of GraphHopper and you'll see that it was created to allow fast and memory efficient use of the underlying datastructures and algorithms.
- Written in Java and runs under Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, Android, Blackberry, iOS etc
- Business friendly due to Apache License 2.0, commercial support, Directions API and more
- Based on a large test suite of unit and integration tests
- Memory efficient data structures, algorithms and also the API is tuned towards ease of use and efficiency.
- Very fast. And via the speed-up technic called "Contraction Hierarchies" it can be even faster - CH is enabled by default.
- Simple installation - just Java necessary! Simple setup for developers due to Maven.
- Has algorithms ala A*, Dijkstra and the bidirected versions, plus one-to-many cases
- Works out of the box with OpenStreetMap (osm and pbf) but can be adapted to use your own data
- OpenStreetMap integration: Takes care of the road type, the surface, barriers, access restrictions, ferries, ...
- Displays and takes into account elevation data
- Uses only a few dependencies (trove4j and slf4j)
- Scales from small indoor- to world-wide-sized graphs
- Can be used on mobile devices with less than 32MB. For Android and iOS we additionally provide demos.
- Supports car, bicycle, pedestrian vehicles by default. But you can easily create your own or customize existing vehicles.
- The web module returns highly compressed paths via gzip and polyline encoding.
Questions? Contact Us!
HUELLEMANN & STRAUSS ONLINESERVICES S.à r.l.
1, Place du Marché
R.C.S. Luxembourg B 144133
E-Mail: info @ hso-services.com
Dipl. Vw. Mirko Hüllemann
GraphHopper Enterprise for Your Company
Consulting - We do the routing for you!
- We implement new features for GraphHopper or customizations
- We help if you need fast one-time support or with individual support contracts
- We train your developers
- We can do the work if you don't want to host GraphHopper on your own
- We analyze your special needs and routing requirements
GraphHopper Directions API Self-Hosting / On-PremisesThe Directions API comes as a cloud service where you pay on-demand. The API is also available as on-premises solution (self-hosted), which gives you maximum performance, customization possibilities, independence; all in your hands! Be it self-hosted or maintained from us - you define the exact requirements.
Route planning for agenciesOur Directions API gives you the maximum liberty for the use cases of your clients - use the API even for navigation applications with any map you like or even just as a background service without any UI. We offer a scalable and fair pricing.
Route planning for logisticsOur Directions API has a new Route Optimization API to solve your next traveling salesman or delivery problem. Additionally we offer a production ready and fast Matrix API - a solution to calculate distance matrixes very fast. Distance matrixes are of big importance for many logistic applications like route delivery or warehouse route optimizations. The Matrix API is up to 150 times faster compared to the Routing API for these special cases of many-to-many distance or time calculations.
Sign up for free to test all parts of the Directions API and see that your company can benefit from it.
Use CasesOur partners and customers use GraphHopper in many different scenarios. Read more about it here.
- Outdoor routing like hiking and biking
- Point-to-point routing for routeplanning of cars or other vehicles
- Routing optimized for distance matrix calculations (many-to-many) useful in ridesharing, logistics or taxi industry
- High quality location-based advertisment
- Indoor routing with use cases at trade fairs or warehouse route optimizations
- Routing for electric cars, motorbikes or emergency like police or ambulance
- Routing in games or for urban planning and traffic simulation
- Emergency management
Use Cases - GraphHopper Success Stories
From the founder, Cullen King: "We are very happy with the pace of development of the GraphHopper project, which sees improvements on a weekly basis. We currently self host GraphHopper and are 100% satisfied with the rock solid performance of the routing servers. We have no doubts that it will continue to scale to meet the needs of our fast growing business."
The result is a very fast route planning and route suggestion for touring, mountain and race bikers as well as for hikers. GraphHopper replaced an in-house engine and made routing 500 times faster!
Together we customized the bike routing so that also a beautiful route can be obtained with ease using the GraphHopper Directions API.
Falk uses Graphhopper as their routing engine because it is fast, easily customizable and reliable for their needs. On top of that GraphHopper makes great use of the OpenStreetMap tagging system to help Falk its users find the most interesting and fitting routes.
"In Cuba people normally don't have internet at home or for cell phones so an online navigation application is not an option. But thanks to offline routing of GraphHopper now our app MAPADCUBA is the fastest solution on the market."
With these tools Viaboxx is able to help dispatchers and transport companies that need to optimize the routes for hundreds of deliveries and pickups every day. Viaboxx uses GraphHopper behind the scenes to compute thousands of route variations (e.g. speed or energy optimized routes), as well as in the web-interface for the final route.